Director of Centre of Migration Research, University of Warsaw invites applications for a post-doc position at the Centre of Migration Research
The competition is open to persons who meet the conditions set out in the Act on Higher Education and Science of July 20, 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668 as amended) and the Statute of the University of Warsaw.
Institution: Centre of Migration Research, University of Warsaw
Position: adjunct (post-doc)
Number of job offers: 1
- PhD in social sciences (preferred: sociological sciences);
- very good knowledge of qualitative and mixed research methods and social research workshop confirmed by experience in conducting social research and data analysis (research, publication and/or didactic experience);
- publication achievements (articles in peer-review journals, chapters and monographs in publications from lists I and II of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education);
- fluent knowledge of English (confirmed by participation in international conferences, international research projects, conducting classes in English and/or publications);
- ability to work individually and as a member of the team.
The advantages will be:
– experience in research work in the field of migration confirmed by participation in scientific projects and publications in scientific monographs or in scoring journals from the list of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education;
– organisational experience, e.g. in the field of obtaining grants, organisation of conferences, symposia and scientific workshops;
– publishing achievements in English and in leading Polish sociological journals
– research stays abroad;
– awards and distinctions for scientific activity to date.
A person employed as an adjunct professor will carry out – after prior consultation with the CMR Director – research work aimed at: a) scientific publications in recognized international journals and b) preparation of an authorial application for external financing of research. Irrespective of this, he/she will be a member of one of the CMR disciplinary teams and will be involved in the academic and organizational activities of the CMR (with the possibility of carrying out limited didactic tasks).
– cover letter in Polish / English,
– a copy of the Ph.D. diploma,
– CV in Polish (containing information about scientific achievements, e.g. research grants, publications, selected conference presentations, internships, awards and distinctions),
– list of publications (for articles in journals with IF and the number of points of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education – according to two scoring systems – before 2019 and from 2019)
– 1 example publication in English (1 worksheet – article or chapter/book fragment).
Application deadline: 20.10.2019
Please submit the documents: via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or, in case electronic versions are not possible, paper application please sent to: Ośrodek Badań nad Migracjami, ul. Pasteura 7, 02-093 Warszawa (reference number: OBM SOC1)
Conditions of employment: Full-time position at CMR UW for 12 months (with possibility of extension)
The expected date of the decision: 4.11.2019 Candidates will be informed about the results via email.
Recruitment is a two-step process:
1 / Evaluation of the electronic or paper application of the Candidates: previous experience and scientific achievements of the Candidate, other certificates and documents sent by the Candidate in the application.
2 / Interviews. Candidates who best match the Candidate profile listed above and who have received the highest number of points from the first step will be invited to the interview.
Date of announcement: 17.09.2019
INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Pursuant to Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), University of Warsaw hereby informs:
- The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
- The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
- The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labor Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
- Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labor Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
- The data will not be shared with any external entities;
- The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
- You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.