Director of Centre of Migration Research, University of Warsaw invites applications for a position of a scientific assistant at the Centre of Migration Research.
The competition is open to persons who meet the conditions set out in the Act on Higher Education and Science of 20th July 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668) and the Statute of the University of Warsaw.
Institution: Centre of Migration Research, University of Warsaw
Position in the project: Doctoral co-investigator (in the area of economics), scientific assistant
Project title: The economic integration of immigrants in a country in the intermediate phase of the migration cycle – Poland versus selected EU countries
Number of job offers: 2
- completed master’s degree in economics,
- doctoral studies started,
- knowledge of analytical methods and methodologies of economic research, including very good knowledge of statistical software,
- ability to prepare statistical / econometric analyses and to write scientific papers,
- experience in research work in the field of migration, participation in scientific projects confirmed by publications in scientific monographs or magazines from the list of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education,
- very good command of English.
The doctoral co-investigator will participate in final analytical tasks within the project dedicated to economic integration in Poland of selected immigrant groups.
He/she will also be responsible for literature review for his/her own doctoral project. The research planned in the project will focus on the two most important immigrant groups in Poland: Ukrainians, Vietnamese and Chinese, but the analysis may go beyond this general issue. Comparative analyses are also planned (Poland and countries in a different phase of the migration cycle).
It is expected that the Candidate will start doctoral studies or is already in the process (optimally: in the field of economics) and during the contract will carry out some of the work necessary to submit a doctoral dissertation.
Project description :
The objective of the project is to widen the knowledge on the relations between immigrants’ economic integration and migration patterns. This aim will be reached by conducting an analysis of the patterns of integration and immigration in the case of a country which is in the intermediate phase of the migration cycle.
The concept of the project requires reference to various analytical methods based on data with different levels of aggregation At the macro level, the research process will be based on a comparative study comparing the relations between immigrants’ economic integration patterns and the degree of economic integration of immigrants in countries in various phases of the migration transition (Poland versus other Central and Eastern European, and South European countries). At the micro level they will refer to the situation of Poland and will require obtaining primary data for the two most important immigrant groups in Poland – Ukrainians and immigrants from Asia (Vietnamese and Chinese).
– A copy of the master diploma, or document confirming the completion of the master’s studies
– CV (containing information about research experiences and scientific publications)
– A cover letter
– Contact details of one academic researcher/teacher willing to provide a Recommendation letter for the Candidate.
Type of NCN programme: SONATA BIS
Application deadline: 10.02.2019 r., 00:00
Please submit the documents: via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or, in case electronic versions are not possible, paper application please sent to: Ośrodaek Badań nad Migracjami, ul. Pasteura 7, 02-093 Warszawa
Conditions of employment:
Job type: Full-time position at CMR UW
Position starts on 15.03.2019 r till 15.10.2019 (with the possibility of extending the period)
Till the 15th of February 2019 candidates will be informed about being invited (or not) to the next stage of recruitment – qualification interviews. Candidates will receive information about the result of recruitment procedures till 10th of March 2019. Candidates will be informed both about the invitation to the interview and about the result by email (to the address they included in the application documents).
1 / Evaluation of the electronic or paper application of the Candidates: previous experience and scientific achievements of the Candidate, other certificates and documents sent by the Candidate.
2/ Evaluation of candidates’ interviews. For the interview will be invited selected candidates, who best match the Candidate Profile and who received the highest number of points from the first stage.
INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
- The administrator of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa, e-mail: email@example.com;
- The Administrator has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
- The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 22(1) § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
- Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory (this is: name(s) and surname, parents’ first names, date of birth, address of residence, correspondence address, education, previous employment);
- The data will not be shared with any external entities, except for the cases provided for by law;
- The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
- You have the right to access your personal data, rectify, erase, restrict its processing and to withdraw the consent at any time – the withdrawal of consent to processing data should be done in written form, acceptably by e-mail sent to email@example.com;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data;